The Health Benefits of Coffee
By, Valerie Lull, MH
The health benefits of coffee seems to have come to the forefront in research on foods. Most of the research seems to show that coffee is healthy in moderation.
Some of the things coffee may help are:
- Coffee improves liver health
- Contains nutrients
- Contains antioxidants
- Reduces risk of getting type 2 diabetes
- Improves mood and brain power
- Speeds up your metabolism so you burn more calories and aids in weight loss
- Helps prevent certain cancers
- Coffee drinkers live 3-5 years longer than non-coffee drinkers
- Don’t drink more than 2 cups a day, 3 at the most. More than that is detrimental.
- Don’t drink coffee if you are pregnant
- Coffee is best if taken black with nothing in it.
- Dark roast is better than light roast
- Use pure water
- Stay away from sugar, sugar substitutes and artificial creamers
- If using a coffee machine use unbleached filters. The bleached ones have been bleached with chlorine which is not good for you.
- Use organic coffee. Regular coffee is sprayed heavily with pesticides.
Be sure to check out my web site at www.valerielull.com
Ten Healthy Teas