Eight Reasons to Drink Green Tea
Green tea has been used in India and China for centuries as a pleasant beverage and for its health benefits. It has become more and more popular in recent times as a drink with healthful properties as well as a light pick-me-up during the day. Here are eight reasons why consuming green tea is a good idea.
- Green Tea contains some caffeine but not as much as coffee or black tea which makes it ideal for that little lift you may need to keep going.
- Weight loss is one reason many folks turn to green tea. It is a pleasant beverage and along with exercise contributes to loosing weight.
- Excess inflammation is a common problem in today’s world that is often tied to diet. Green tea helps by contributing antioxidants that contain flavanoids and catechins. These substances fight free radicals that contribute to inflammation.
- Green tea fights the ageing process. The antioxidants help with wrinkles and age spots by fighting free radicals. Drink green tea on a daily basis to look younger.
- Detoxification is important with all the pollutants we have in our environment. Green tea has detox properties. It is a great adjunct to a detox program.
- Bloating and discomfort during the menstrual cycle is common among women. The caffeine in green tea acts as a diuretic and helps with water weight.
- Green tea may help lower one’s risk of developing diabetes.
- Several studies show a possible correlation with green tea and cancer prevention.
As a word of caution, it is possible to get too much green tea and this can be hard on the liver. Three or four cups of green tea a day is fine, but be careful with taking green tea supplements and drinking a lot of green tea at the same time. Some people are allergic to green tea and this is another reason to be cautious. If you are using it for medicinal purposes be sure to consult your health care provider.
Check out my website at www.valerielull.com